The game features an interactive tutorial that you
are advised to play through, but the basic controls are as follows depending on your platform:
CURSORS = Movement (double-tap to dash)
A = Attack (with a direction to aim high, without to aim low)
G = Grapple
R = Run (without a direction to charge ahead)
P = Pick-Up / Drop (with a direction to throw)
T = Taunt / Pin / Referee duties
EYE = Change focus / Turn opponent around
HEALTH METER = Switch character
CLOCK = Pause / Change camera angle
CURSORS = Movement (double tap to dash)
A = Attack (on its own to aim low, with a direction to aim high).
S = Grapple
Z = Run (without a direction to charge ahead)
X = Pick-Up / Drop (with a direction to throw)
SPACE = Taunt / Pin / Referee duties
SHIFT / CTRL = Switch focus
TAB = Control different character (where possible)
P = Pause / Camera options
ESC = Quit / Skip
CTRL + W = Toggle windowed display
F = Slow motion (good for screen grabbing!)
- The PC version may detect any official Xbox or Playstation controllers connected, which also makes multiplayer possible via the "Controls" option.
- The Android version may be compatible with controllers such as NVidia Shield
or MOGA Pro ("B" Mode).
- In these instances, each of the above commands will be assigned to an appropriate button.
- Wherever possible, spare analogue sticks will be used to emulate the movement of a mouse.
Although the game itself can be played with keys, there may be many
instances where the menus can only be accessed by mouse clicks:
- Click either side of a value or box to browse its contents left or right.
- Click the back arrow or press ESC to exit any screen or skip any process.
- When a response is required in a conversation, click on your chosen line of text.
- Hold over a character slot to pick it up and move it.
- Hold down the mouse button and move to scroll through the rest of the calendar or roster, etc.
- Click the name of a match in setup screens to randomly generate a new one.
- Press ATTACK and RUN together to launch a powerful attack.
- Hold RUN while carrying furniture to avoid turning with it.
Press ATTACK or GRAPPLE while up high, standing on the apron, or
running towards the ropes to launch a flying attack or move (if
- Press GRAPPLE again without a direction to release a hold (with a direction to whip them off).
Press the ATTACK, RUN or PICK-UP commands with any direction (or none)
to execute the corresponding move from the wrestler's moveset.
- Use the SWITCH FOCUS command in a grapple to change your position (such as turning from front to back or vice versa).
- Use the TAUNT command to prematurely attempt your finisher (with a high likelihood of failure).
- Continue to use directions to move or turn wherever possible (such as getting to or from the ropes to break).
moves offer you the chance to immediately transition into another hold
or pin. In these instances, make sure you are holding the corresponding
command before the move ends. If your intention is to let the move end
naturally, be sure to avoid pressing anything at the moment of impact.
are somewhat random, based on the "Skill" levels or size difference of
the people involved. Input of any kind signals your struggle to get
free, but please note that it is impossible to guarantee an escape or
counter. Pressing the GRAPPLE command during an incoming attack makes
it more likely that it will be parried or countered.
I regret that there is more to this game than I could ever explain here, so I
hope you enjoy figuring some things out for yourself! Or you may want to join
the debate on social media where any curious questions will be answered by
myself or other players:
Copyright © MDickie
2000 - 2017